Kitware's Medical Computing team
solves complex healthcare challenges through customized software solutions. The team provides research, development, and technology integration services to research centers, universities, and companies in the medical and biomedical sectors. By joining our team you will participate in a dynamic multidisciplinary work environment with exceptionally talented computer scientists, software engineers, mechanical engineers, and biomedical engineers.
About the Projects:
- Embed a 3D VTK.js viewport into a React.js application visualizing medical images.
- Extend VolView, a radiological image viewer, with customer-specific annotation workflows utilizing AI algorithms.
- Develop a full-stack web application utilizing cloud servers for centralized medical data processing and management.
In This Position You Will:
- Design and implement new features for our open source libraries and web applications.
- Contribute to the architectural design of web development projects.
- Value scalability, code integrity, and usability.
- Participate in our team’s software quality assurance practices.
- Work concurrently on multiple projects for a variety of customers.
- Be an excellent communicator with distributed colleagues, external collaborators, and customers.
- Translate scientific and medical requirements of collaborators into technical and architectural application specifications.
- Apply scientific computing algorithms to solve medical computing problems with modern web technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area.
- Proficiency with frontend frameworks such as React.js and Vue.js.
- Back-end service programming in Python.
- Knowledge of HTTP and related standards such as REST.
- Experience deploying web applications to cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Experience with quality software process tools and methodologies, such as Git, continuous integration, and automated testing.
- Experience designing and building software solutions from the ground up based on business requirements.
- Experience with 3D graphics APIs and technologies such as WebGL, WebGPU, three.js, or Babylon.js.
- Proficiency with backend libraries such as Django, FastAPI, or Flask.
- Compiling C++ to WebAssembly for numerical computing.
- Experience using type safety technologies like mypy and Typescript.
- Ability to build secure web applications that protect against common attack vectors.
- Experience with machine learning (deep learning) applications.
- Experience building web-based medical image analysis and visualization applications.
- Experience with Database Management Systems (DBMS).
Kitware is a research and development software solutions provider with a mission to advance science, make a positive impact, and share our results all within a collaborative, employee-focused work environment that is friendly, fair, and flexible. Our work is improving healthcare outcomes, increasing national security, and advancing our national computing infrastructure. Our customers and collaborators include top universities from around the world, government organizations, national research labs, medical device manufacturers, car manufacturers, financial institutions, and many others.
Kitware is proud to be 100% employee-owned, and Great Place to Work-Certified™.
Our team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a competitive compensation plan, tuition reimbursement program, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, bonus plan, and free coffee, drinks, and snacks.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Any unsolicited resume sent to Kitware, including to Kitware's mailing addresses, fax machines or email addresses, whether directly to Kitware employees or to Kitware's applicant tracking system, will be considered Kitware property. Kitware will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, and will consider any candidate submitted by a recruitment agency without a fully executed contract with Kitware to have been referred free of any charges or fees.
If you need assistance with applying or interviewing for a role due to a disability or special need, please reach out directly to our HR team at [email protected]
at any time during the hiring process.