Kitware is seeking a talented thought leader in software process and build system design to be a Technical Leader for the Software Solutions team. Kitware works in a variety of exciting scientific computing domains, including computer vision, scientific visualization, and high-performance computing, medical imaging, data and analytics, and high-quality software process development. This position offers an opportunity to help Kitware’s customers build meaningful software that will stand the test of time. Through this position, you will work alongside our talented software developers, algorithm experts, external collaborators, and customers.
The ideal candidate will be able to handle incoming business development opportunities and lead teams of talented developers on the execution of projects.
In This Position You Will:
- Lead computer scientists, engineers, and developers in developing innovative approaches to develop world class software processes applied to real-world science and engineering challenges by leveraging best practices in software design and automated testing.
- Initiate, build, and maintain business and research relationships with commercial customers and external academic, industry, and government research collaborators.
- Interface with commercial customers, prospects, and research partners.
- Design and implement CMake build systems.
- Set up continuous integration systems using GitLab, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, and both in-house and cloud-based build farms.
- Implement package management using Spack and other package managers.
- PhD in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 6 years relevant experience and/or a Master's degree with 8 years experience and/or Bachelor’s degree with 9 years of experience.
- At least 2 years of project leadership experience.
- Proven project management and leadership track record through proposal ideation, design, development, and release.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and code versioning tools, such as Git, continuous integration, and software testing.
- Track record of build system engineering.
- Expertise in CMake, C++, Python.
- Experience setting up and maintaining Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) systems using tools such as GitLab CI, GitHub Actions, or Jenkins.
Kitware is a research and development software solutions provider with a mission to advance science, make a positive impact, and share our results all within a collaborative, employee-focused work environment that is friendly, fair, and flexible. Our work is improving healthcare outcomes, increasing national security, and advancing our national computing infrastructure. Our customers and collaborators include top universities from around the world, government organizations, national research labs, medical device manufacturers, car manufacturers, financial institutions, and many others.
Kitware is proud to be 100% employee-owned, and Great Place to Work-Certified™.
Our team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a competitive compensation plan, tuition reimbursement program, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, bonus plan, and free coffee, drinks, and snacks.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Any unsolicited resume sent to Kitware, including to Kitware's mailing addresses, fax machines or email addresses, whether directly to Kitware employees or to Kitware's applicant tracking system, will be considered Kitware property. Kitware will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, and will consider any candidate submitted by a recruitment agency without a fully executed contract with Kitware to have been referred free of any charges or fees.
If you need assistance with applying or interviewing for a role due to a disability or special need, please reach out directly to our HR team at [email protected]
at any time during the hiring process.