Kitware's Medical Computing team
solves complex healthcare challenges through customized software solutions. The team provides research, development, and technology integration services to research centers, universities, and companies in the medical and biomedical sectors. By joining our team you will participate in a dynamic multidisciplinary work environment with exceptionally talented computer scientists, software engineers, mechanical engineers, and biomedical engineers.
About the Projects:
We build powerful software solutions using our well-established open source platforms including VTK, ITK, 3D Slicer, Pulse, iMSTK, CMake, and ParaView. These platforms are mature, supported, documented, and thoroughly tested software systems that are in use by tens of thousands of developers and end-users worldwide. Our commercial projects involve generating solutions for medical device companies from ultrasound and preclinical imaging companies, to surgery device companies. Our research projects involve collaborations with top research institutions, including Harvard Medical School, MIT, Cleveland Clinic, Duke University, and others, and build on our open source platforms.
In This Position You Will:
- Design, develop, and improve medical data analysis and visualization research software applications in a wide range of computing environments, including but not limited to Windows, Unix, macOS, mobile, and web environments.
- Design GUI layout and interactive widgets.
- Collaborate with commercial customers in application testing and verifications.
- Generate documentation required for user support and regulatory applications.
- B.S or MS in computer science or a related field with emphasis on user application development.
- Outstanding skills in C++, Python, Objective-C, Swift, and/or Kotlin.
- The ability and passion to rapidly pick up other languages and technologies.
- A passion for software development, customer interaction, and user experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of GUI development using a modern UI layout system, such as Qt /QML, Xcode/UIKit, WinForms, WPF, or other markup-based technologies.
- Strong creative skills in GUI design, human-computer interaction, look and feel strategies, and user experience improvement.
- Knowledge of Medical Imaging and DICOM.
- Working experience with client/server architectures, distributed systems, and/or other common communication. protocols.
- Familiarity with medical software development processes such as IEC 62304 and software quality assurance process and standards such as ISO 13485 and ISO 14971.
- Working experience in an FDA regulated environment
- Experience with our open-source toolkits and applications for medical image analysis and visualizations such as ITK, VTK, and 3D Slicer.
- Experience or strong interest in 3D rendering APIs (OpenGL, Vulkan, Metal, etc.).
Kitware is a research and development software solutions provider with a mission to advance science, make a positive impact, and share our results all within a collaborative, employee-focused work environment that is friendly, fair, and flexible. Our work is improving healthcare outcomes, increasing national security, and advancing our national computing infrastructure. Our customers and collaborators include top universities from around the world, government organizations, national research labs, medical device manufacturers, car manufacturers, financial institutions, and many others.
Kitware is proud to be 100% employee-owned, and Great Place to Work-Certified™.
Our team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a competitive compensation plan, tuition reimbursement program, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, bonus plan, and free coffee, drinks, and snacks.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Any unsolicited resume sent to Kitware, including to Kitware's mailing addresses, fax machines or email addresses, whether directly to Kitware employees or to Kitware's applicant tracking system, will be considered Kitware property. Kitware will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, and will consider any candidate submitted by a recruitment agency without a fully executed contract with Kitware to have been referred free of any charges or fees.
If you need assistance with applying or interviewing for a role due to a disability or special need, please reach out directly to our HR team at [email protected]
at any time during the hiring process.