Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) is a place for exceptional people with outstanding ideas and the absolute willingness to bring them to life. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA at the heart of Silicon Valley and with several R&D facilities across the U.S., we bring together engineers, software developers, and designers who are pushing technology boundaries to shape the future.
Autonomous Driving, Connectivity, User Experience or Electric Powertrains: MBRDNA and its people have many exciting stories to tell. We want you to identify these stories and share them with the world. The Senior Technology Communications Manager at MBRDNA will work closely with the communication departments of Mercedes-Benz in the US and in Germany. You will be the eye and ear of MBRDNA, educate tech media and journalists and position the company as a leader in innovation. A super-motivated, diverse team is awaiting you. If you are curious, hands-on, and agile, you will bring your ideas to life and grow with your responsibilities in this fast-paced environment.
- Create, implement and execute strategic communication plan that is aligned with MBRDNA's and Mercedes-Benz's communication goals
- Develop high quality content and stories and find appropriate channels and tactics to position MBRDNA and Mercedes-Benz as a leader in the field of electric drive and digital experience
- Create and maintain a network and community of tech journalists and influencers
- Identify and proactively pitch stories to key audience, respond in real time, coordinate complex media inquiries, and maintain ongoing positive relationships with media and influencers on behalf of the company
- Write, edit, produce and/or coordinate content, including releases, social media and blog posts, columns, briefings, statements, talking points/key messages, video and/or visual media
- Ensure all publications and presentations by MBRDNA personnel align with Mercedes-Benz and MBRDNA strategy and values by reviewing and approving content prior to release
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues at all levels at MBRDNA as well as the communications teams in Germany and the US to engage them and support effective communication within and outside of organization
- Support planning and coordination of influencer and media events, including accompanying social media activities
- Support internal communications by reviewing and aiding with internal announcements and presentations
- Support crisis communications when needed
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or a related field
- 5 years of experience
- Track record of creative and effective technology communication (e. g. press releases, blogs, social media posts, campaigns, executive positioning or events)
- Excellent network with technology media and influencers in the US
- Great storytelling skills and extraordinary skills in visual and written communication
- Able to quickly move between strategy and concept development and hands-on execution
- Natural communicator eager to learn and share their knowledge
- Passion for automobiles and high interest in complex technical issues
- Able to quickly analyze complex problems, recognize and explain cause-and-effect connections and to develop concrete, viable solutions taking risks and obstacles into account
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- High degree of personal commitment, able to reliably implement initiatives and work under pressure, with a customer and service focus
- Able to self-organize, structure and manage competing project priorities and constraints in a fast-paced environment
- Thrives in diverse inter-cultural, inter-disciplinary teams working across multiple time zones
- Hands-on expertise with social media platforms and creative presentation and video creation
- Travel domestic and international up to 25%
- Predominantly work is performed in an office environment and requires the ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience in an international company and working with multiple stakeholders
The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on a wide range of factors, including, but not limited to, job-related education, skills, and experience, geographic location, and market conditions. The current salary range for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $111,500-$139,500.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS