Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Mercedes-Benz Seattle Hub is looking for a seasoned Infrastructure Cloud professional with AWS and/or Azure experience. The qualified candidate should have a deep understanding of cloud architecture and security, extensive experience leading, implementing, and configuring AWS cloud, resources, and services.
- Adhere to cloud governance benchmarks that ensure cloud security, controls, and end-to-end automation of deployment, monitoring and infrastructure management in the cloud environment.
- Create Infrastructure as Code scripts and pipelines to automate deployment of resources in applications in one or more cloud providers (AWS and/or Azure).
- Follow specified processes for incident management and act as subject matter expert for troubleshooting during incidents.
- Identify and drive operational efficiency in DevSecOps and automation.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies to solve business challenges and ensure environments remain current.
- Demonstrate, through explanation and/or “whiteboard” sessions, fundamental grasp of infrastructure architecture design and workflows.
- Effective and demonstrable ability to work and collaborate across an organization on a variety of topics.
- Provide active mentorship to junior team members to elevate both soft and technical skills of the collective team.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science, Computer Engineering.
- 5 years of experience.
- Advance knowledge with creating, deploying, configuring, and scaling applications in one or more cloud providers (AWS and/or Azure).
- Fluency in multiple programming/scripting languages (Python, Bash, Java).
- Deep understanding of relational and non-relational databases, along with performance characteristics.
- Understanding of security fundamentals as they pertain to ecommerce application environments.
- Extensive experience with automated provisioning of multistage deployment environments using Infrastructure as a Code (Terraform).
- Hands on expertise with code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Capable of driving technical discussions across teams to reduce ambiguity and create technical specifications.
- Valid US Driver's License.
- Extensive expertise with one or more cloud providers (AWS, Azure) – certifications preferred.
- Professional experience with network engineering and enterprise technologies such as DNS, LDAP, Syslog, and monitoring systems (including cloud native monitoring).
- Experience with concepts of API design, load balancing, containerization, disaster recovery and leveraging IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS as appropriate.
- Front-end development experience is a plus (Vue, React).
The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on a wide range of factors, including, but not limited to, job-related education, skills, and experience, geographic location, and market conditions. The current salary range for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $130,000-$162,500.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS