Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
We are looking for a skilled and motivated SoC and IP architect to help development our high-performance compute solutions and drive ideas from concept through implementation. In this role you will critically analyze compute architectures for performance, robustness and efficiency; collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure development of an industry leading solution meeting Mercedes-Benz vehicle requirements. Finally, you will also be the technical interface to our Silicon Company partners and be at the forefront of innovation as a connector between the Silicon Valley and our R&D units worldwide.
- Lead SoC technical collaboration: drive intense architectural collaboration across external silicon design and IP partners achieving Mercedes-Benz’s objective for power-efficient high compute solutions.
- Facilitate cross-disciplinary work: your in-depth knowledge and experience ensures seamless progress throughout the chip development process with all disciplines: SW/HW co-optimization engineer, SoC and IP Architects, Simulation and Modeling engineers, Test and Validation engineers and more.
- Architecture Design: you’ll have critical responsibilities in designing a state-of-the-art, scalable Autonomous Drive chip architecture based on modern technologies and processes.
- Specifications and Requirements definition: have technical oversight and responsibility for overall formal system architecture definition and functional requirements. Conduct regular technical reviews and support authoring of documentation.
- Performance and benchmark Analysis: Analyze trade-offs between different types of heterogenous compute cores to architect power-efficient compute solutions.
- Project Health Assessment: Continually assess project health and risks, anticipate and address issues before they become a problem. For most critical risks have countermeasures and mitigation plans available.
- Technical guidance and mentorship: project technical guidance across the company from junior employees on working topics on mentoring to senior management on SoC Strategy.
- Mercedes-Benz Network: Represent MBRDNA in external exchanges as you will be exposed to the best of the industry in term of tooling and architects. You will get to work with some of the best architecture teams on the planet, we are cooperating with a large spectrum of architects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related fields (Self-made persons are welcome, please indicate your professional experience to equal)
- Expert modern computer architecture knowledge
- Expert knowledge and experience working with semiconductor architecture, modeling and design EDA tooling
- Good understanding of automotive electronic architectures
- Good understanding of modern semiconductor processes and packaging technology
- Significant experience with the use of programming tools for embedded systems (performance simulators, ISS, profiling tools, runtime, compilers, debuggers, etc.)
- Good understanding of vision, imaging or video applications, and the use of embedded processors (GP-GPU, DSP, FPGA, multi-core platforms)
- In-depth knowledge of DSP and MCU architecture and micro-architectures
- Ability to create technical product specifications and translate those into leading edge implementations
- Moderate exposure to FPGA-based prototyping and emulation boards is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of machine learning principles and frameworks
- Strong programming skills in C and C++, and assembler
- System-C or Chisel and RTL understanding is required
- Technical Leadership skills with ability to influence and negotiate.
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Excellent teamwork and communication (written and verbal) skills
- 10-12 years of experience recommended
- Experience with Autonomous or Driver Assistance Systems
- Understanding of functional safety (ISO26262) concepts and requirements as applied to silicon
- Experience with SW development processes: project planning, version control, bug tracking
The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on a wide range of factors, including, but not limited to, job-related education, skills, and experience, geographic location, and market conditions. The current salary range for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $175,100 - $223,300.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS