About Rezo Therapeutics
Rezo is a different kind of biopharma company. Our mission is to dramatically increase the success rate of drug development by building a disease-agnostic, fully-integrated, network biology platform that will redefine our understanding of human disease and ability to treat it.
Our Founders and members of the Board are a group of esteemed, world-class scientists from the University of California, San Francisco: Nevan Krogan, Kevan Shokat, Sourav Bandyopadhyay, Natalia Jura, as well as renowned biotech executives George Scangos and Norbert Bischofberger. These leaders bring with them a strong track record of amazing discoveries and scientific breakthroughs, leading to very successful companies and many FDA approved drugs.
Capitalizing on our Series A of $78M from top-tier investors, we are leveraging a unique integrated approach, combining capabilities in genetics, proteomics, structural biology and AI to generate deep biological insights and novel therapeutic approaches.
Located in San Francisco’s vibrant Mission Bay neighborhood, Rezo is in close proximity to UCSF, numerous urban amenities, and outdoor recreational opportunities. We recognize that realizing our mission depends as much on our people as it does on our science and are building a workplace that fosters collaboration, respect, and diversity where contributing to your team’s success is valued as highly as individual achievements. If you’re passionate about team science and breaking down barriers to progress in drug development, please consider joining us!
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated ML Engineer to join our growing team. Reporting to the Head of Computational Biology and AI, this individual will be part of the team developing new ML models core to Rezo’s platform.
What You'll Do:
- Develop ML models to analyze and integrate network biology, protein sequence, proteomics, and structural biology datasets
- Perform comparative analysis of multiple ML approaches, architectures, embeddings, and featurizations to help define project scopes
- Interface with the interdisciplinary teams in proteomics and protein sciences to identify needs and define input and output modalities
- Write documentation for internal users and present regularly at weekly meetings
- Manage and analyze experimental data, interpret results, and prepare necessary materials for internal and external meetings, regulatory filings, and publications
- Contribute to and balance multiple projects/studies in parallel in a fast-paced environment
- PhD in computer science or related discipline or Masters with 3+ years experience in building and applying ML models
- Demonstrated expertise in data analysis, software best practices, and data structures/algorithms
- Experience in model development using modern deep learning frameworks (PyTorch, TensorFlow, JAX, Keras, etc.)
- Prior experience in computational biology strongly preferred, including applying ML to structural biology, drug discovery or computational chemistry datasets
- Recent experience in the development and application of Large Language Models (LLMs) is a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a desire to build and be a part of a strong collaborative team
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Compensation at Rezo
The expected starting salary range for this position based in San Francisco, California is $160,000 - $200,000. Actual starting salary will be determined based on multiple job-related factors including a candidate’s skills, education, and experience, the level at which they are hired, market demand, business needs, and internal parity. This role is eligible for participation in our Annual Discretionary Bonus Plan (based on individual and company performance) and our Equity Incentive Plan, subject to the terms of those plans and associated policies. This position is also eligible for the benefits detailed below.
Benefits at Rezo
Medical (HMO or PPO), dental, and vision insurance
Discretionary time off policy
Company holidays (including summer and winter shutdown)
401(k) retirement savings program
Commuter / Mass Transit Benefit Program
Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Dependent care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Flexible work schedule
At Rezo we value a diverse, equitable, inclusive workplace and provide equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. This statement covers all facets of employment and is especially important when it comes to growing our team.
If you are wondering if you’ll belong at Rezo, or are worried that you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for this role, take a chance on us and yourself — please apply!
SF Fair Chance Ordinance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Rezo considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.