We are looking for a Finance Specialist to work with the founders and leaders of our startup clients in this exciting client-facing role. You will have strong communication skills, robust financial analytical expertise, and a deep understanding of the tech startup landscape and online economy, to join us for a unique opportunity.
Salary: £50,000/yr - £70,000/yr depending on experience
Who are we?
Normal Works (t/a Pinvo) is a global AI+SaaS company that challenges how money works for SMEs. We focus on building innovative solutions around AI, finance automation, and B2B payment.
Our solution Pinvo (https://pinvo.ai
) is an AI-supercharged accounting and finance service for fast-growth startups. We combine the power of human expertise with AI-native automation tools to deliver services tailored to the unique needs of startups.
Dual-headquartered in London and Hong Kong, we have strong backing from multiple VCs and three co-founders who are FinTech veterans, among whom Toby Xu was a tech/business leader of Alipay who played a key role in building what is now the world’s largest payment platform. Our core team members are from major internet companies, startups and financial institutions, including Ant Group, Tencent, Hokodo, and HSBC.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Finance Specialist to take on a client-facing role, working directly with the leaders of our startup clients and providing them with CFO expertise. To succeed in this role, you’ll need to have exceptional communication skills, a strong financial analytical background, and an understanding of tech startups and the online economy.
If you are NOT satisfied with the current routines or best practice, and YOU dare to reshape the industry; if you are NOT satisfied with being stuck in the back-office, and YOU want to empower business and deeply engage with clients; if YOU want to do something big with a group of innovative and open-minded people, then we need to hear from you!
- Serve clients as a trustworthy partner: Be a finance/CFO partner to our startup clients, provide insights and answer questions on critical financial elements, as well as guide them towards making the best decisions for their businesses;
- Financial management and analysis: Analyse the financial performance of clients and produce sector and company-specific metrics; build financial models, including budgets, forecasts, and valuation for clients; help clients identify and implement new tools that can automate processes;
- Leverage technology to redefine the industry: You will serve clients with the assistance of our AI product, and work with the founders leveraging your finance expertise, to enhance and develop the product strategy.
- A degree in finance, accounting, or a related field;
- 5+ years experience as a banking/consulting analyst focusing on the tech sector, auditor, finance consultant (e.g. in CFO services), finance manager in a startup, or experience from a finance function in a larger corporation;
- Passionate about serving fast-growth startup clients, with deep knowledge about tech sectors such as SaaS and eCommerce;
- Good analytical skills, proficiency in modeling and using relevant tools. Should also have a curious and adaptable mindset that embraces new technologies and tools.;
- A good team player and self-starter who works well in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment.
Bio of Co-founders
- Toby XU (Co-founder & CEO) - MIT 35 Innovators Under 35. Former head of various business lines, CTO & CPO of Int'l Business Group at Ant Group. Previous Developer & Head of the Technical Team at Alipay.
- Patrick YE (Co-founder) - Former Director (Overseas Investment) & Head of Strategic Partnerships at Ant Group. Previous Associate Director (Investment Banking FIG) at HSBC.
- Fatima Ayoub (Co-founder) - Marketing veteran with experience in various B2B and B2C startups. Former Head of Marketing of Hokodo, Former Head of Marketing of Solna.
- Transparency - Be kind, but speak what you think. Don't waste time on diplomacy and guessing;
- No ego - We are all normal people. We have no ego, no work is dirty. Always a student, who can fail but never gives up learning;
- Excellence - We believe normal people working together can do extraordinary things and can change the world for the better. We work at the highest standard and ship the best stuff.