Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Farmington Hills, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Our MBRDNA Long Beach office is looking for an EE Integration Release Engineer to ensure the highest quality standards of our Mercedes Benz vehicles during the development cycle, with the focus in the Electric Vehicle, infotainment and telematics systems.
The testing roles and responsibilities are in the area of overall vehicle EE systems (Telematics integration, AD integration, on/off-board testing) from a customer’s point of view. Project Management will be the central function of this role for EE Integration test drives, EE updates, defect management and becoming an expert in overall EE systems from an end user point of view.
The testing will be conducted with prototype vehicles and the focus will be Mercedes-Benz passenger cars. The majority of testing locations are in the Southern California area however, International and domestic travel is required in some cases.
The person should also constantly re-evaluate the priorities based on the customer feedback, market changes and business priorities as per ISO-9001 standards. This position provides daily challenges in a collaborative work environment where people enjoy working together.
- Lead EE intensive drive test plan planning requested by each carline and collaborate with functional groups to perform combined test drives (ADAS, Telematics, …). Generate a vehicle plan in collaboration with carlines and functional areas to ensure prototypes and test cars are available in time for release updates and validation test drives. Work directly with the Project Managers in coordinating schedules, updating test plans, defect management as well as creating/monitoring Confluence Pages.
- Resolve technical problems, discover and report defects handle traces, and promptly communicate technical and quality related issues obtained from the testing, validation and verification process. Document, quantify and report results to carline departments and functional areas. Provide release recommendation PowerPoint reports for US market.
- Coordinate and document in collaboration with Germany counterparts which SW and HW is necessary to update specific prototype and test vehicles to a specific release level. Support vehicle updates by communicating the necessary release SW.
- Ability to communicate effectively within the team, solve process problems and bottlenecks, creative thinking, and work as a team in a multi-project environment. Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Computer Science, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering)
- 3 years of experience required
- Automotive Development Knowledge: Good understanding of vehicle development process, system development process, liability and quality requirements, knowledge of automobile technology, vehicle electrical and onboard communication architecture, modules and parts, understand software and hardware requirements, vehicle architectures and testing methodologies.
- Project Management Skills: Ability to generate plans and identify milestones necessary to reach project targets. Achieve milestones and drive development of work procedures. Must be proactive in predicting and preparing for upcoming challenges and find solutions within time constraints and budget. Actively work on process development & continuous improvement. Act as a consultant to other engineers and departments regarding updates and testing.
- Interpersonal and Team skills: Experience in intercultural environment, German language skills favored to read and understand project requirements and detailed A and B level development vehicle documentation often only available in German. Experience to work and gather crucial expert knowledge in a complex organization structure.
- Organization and leadership skills: Ability to organize people, logistics, data, parts and workshop workflows within the TechCenter. Ability to lead groups on test drives. Must be able to independently build up working relationships with intra-company expert departments in Germany and North America. Detail oriented and ability to follow through on tasks.
- Testing: Participate on EE test drives across the country to evaluate systems and integration into test vehicles. Analyze functionality and summarize results until revalidation is necessary. Provide US market release recommendation based on vehicle maturity. Resolve technical problems, discover and report defects, traces, and promptly communicate technical and quality related issues obtained from the testing, validation and verification process. Document, quantify and report results to carline departments and functional areas. Provide release recommendation PowerPoint reports for US market.
- Domestic business travel is required up to 25%.
- Candidate must be able to work on-site in Long Beach, CA.
- Frequent use of speech, vision, hearing, use of hands for computer use, driving and presentations. Frequent sitting, standing and reaching with hands.
- Valid CA Drivers.
- License Valid Passport.
- Project management skills
- R&D engineering experience with focus on overall vehicle knowledge & diagnostics
- Ability to test drive vehicles with working knowledge of Telematics/Connected/AD systems
The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on a wide range of factors, including, but not limited to, job-related education, skills, and experience, geographic location, and market conditions. The current salary range for this position is as follows and may be modified in the future: $99,100-$124,000.
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Benefits for Full-Time* Employees Include:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
• 401(k) with employer match
• Up to 18 company-paid holidays
• Paid time off (unlimited for salaried employees), sick time, and parental leave
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness/Fitness reimbursement programs
• Vehicle lease subsidy or company car (for eligible employees only)
* Internships excluded from Full-Time Employee benefits
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS