At Databricks we are on a mission to empower our customers to solve the world's toughest data problems by utilizing the Lakehouse platform. As a Delivery Solutions Architect (DSA), you will play a critical role during this journey. The DSA works across a small number of our largest or highest potential key accounts, collaborating across Databricks teams to accelerate the adoption and growth of the Databricks platform. You will help ensure customer success by driving focus and technical accountability to our most complex customers who need guidance to accelerate consumption on Databricks workloads that they have already selected.
This is a hybrid technical and commercial role. It is commercial in the sense that you will own and drive growth in your assigned customers and use cases through leading your customers' stakeholders, owning executive relationships and creating and driving plans and strategies for Databricks colleagues to execute upon. This is in parallel to being technical, with expectations being that you become at least Level 200 across all Databricks products/workloads and that you become the Use Case-specific technical lead post Technical Win.
You will bring executive relationship - management skills and high levels of technical credibility to effectively engage and communicate at all levels with an organization, and build strong relationships with the customers' executives and C-suite, elevating the conversation, and helping them realise the value of Databricks. You will report directly into a DSA manager as part of your Business Unit's Technical GM organization.
The impact you will have:
- Engage with the Solutions Architect to understand the full Use Case Demand Plan for prioritized customers.
- Own the Post-Technical Win technical account strategy and investment plan for the majority of Databricks Use Cases within our most strategic accounts.
- Be the first point of contact for any technical issues or questions related to production/go live status of agreed upon Use Cases within an account, oftentimes services multiple use cases within the largest and most complex organizations.
Create, own and execute a PoV as to how key use cases can be accelerated into production, bringing EM/PM in to prepare Professional Services proposals.
- Be the accountable technical leader assigned to specific Use Cases and customer(s) across multiple selling teams and internal stakeholders, creating certainty from uncertainty/ambiguity and driving onboarding, enablement, success, go-live and healthy consumption of the workloads where the customer has made the decision to consume Databricks.
- Navigate Databricks Product and Engineering teams for New Product Innovations, Private Previews and Upgrade needs (DBR, E2 and Unity Catalog).
- Develop an executive level and a detailed programme level success plan that covers all activities of Customer, PS, Partner, SSA, Product Specialist, SA to cover the below workstreams:
- Key use cases moving from 'win' to production
- Enablement / user growth plan
- Product adoption (strategy and activities to increase adoption of LH vision)
- Organic needs for current investment Eg. Cloud Cost control, Tuning & Optimization
- Executive and operational governance
- Proactively provide internal and external updates - KPI reporting on the status of consumption and customer health, covering investment status, key risks, product adoption and use case progression - to your Technical GM
What we look for:
8+ years in a customer-facing pre-sales, technical architecture, customer success, or consulting role
- Experience understanding architecture related distributed data systems, specifically within one of the following:
Data Engineering technologies (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Kafka)
- Data Warehousing (e.g. SQL, OLTP/OLAP/DSS)
- Data Science and Machine Learning technologies (e.g. pandas, scikit-learn, HPO)
- Executive Stakeholder management - experience in effectively engaging and influencing a variety of audiences (technical, non technical) at all levels of an organization with particular success in building and maintaing strong CxO level relationship
- Comfortable managing multiple projects, and engaging a virtual team of subject matter experts to address any onboarding or technical challenges outside of your remit or bandwidth.
Influencing and leading teams - especially without having direct reporting line responsibility for individuals within account and leadership teams, both internally and externally
- Executive escalation management - experience in resolving complex and critical escalation with senior customer and internal executives
Strategic Management Consulting - experience of conducting open-ended discovery workshops, creating strategic roadmaps, conducting business analysis and managing delivery of complex programmes/projects
- Private medical insurance
- Accident coverage
- Employee's Provident Fund
- Equity awards
- Paid parental leave
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel insurance
- Mental wellness resources
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 9,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, and over 50% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
If access to export-controlled technology or source code is required for performance of job duties, it is within Employer's discretion whether to apply for a U.S. government license for such positions, and Employer may decline to proceed with an applicant on this basis alone.