Kitware is seeking a Software Developer with CMake experience for the Software Solutions team. Kitware works in a variety of exciting scientific computing domains, including computer vision, scientific visualization, and high-performance computing, medical imaging, data and analytics, and high-quality software process development. This position offers an opportunity to help Kitware’s customers build meaningful software that will stand the test of time. Through this position, you will work alongside our talented software developers, algorithm experts, external collaborators, and customers.
About the Projects:
We are looking for talented individuals who will support the software application needs of our customers and internal teams. The types of projects we work on include, but are not limited to:
-Integrating Kitware’s open source software into commercial applications.
-Extending our open source toolkits to meet customer needs.
-Proposing new solutions for real-world applications.
-Supporting customers by providing expertise on software development.
In This Position You Will:
- Help customers create CMake-based build systems.
- Contribute to the Open Source CMake program.
- Contribute your strong programming ability and experience to develop robust solutions for real-world problems.
- Collaborate with customers on projects to improve and develop build systems for large C++ and mixed-language projects.
- Bachelor's degree + 2 years or Master's degree + 1 year in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with the compiled language build process for C++.
- Experience with the CMake build tool, including the CMake language.
- Proficient programming skills and experience with C++.
- Ability to develop software for Unix, Linux, MacOS, and/or Windows operating systems.
- Experience using Github or Gitlab for code reviews, documentation, and release management.
- Experience with CI/CD systems and automated testing.
- Interest and experience in open source software development.
- Proficient programming in another language in addition to C++.
Kitware is a research and development software solutions provider with a mission to advance science, make a positive impact, and share our results all within a collaborative, employee-focused work environment that is friendly, fair, and flexible. Our work is improving healthcare outcomes, increasing national security, and advancing our national computing infrastructure. Our customers and collaborators include top universities from around the world, government organizations, national research labs, medical device manufacturers, car manufacturers, financial institutions, and many others.
Kitware is proud to be 100% employee-owned, and Great Place to Work-Certified™.
Our team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a competitive compensation plan, tuition reimbursement program, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, bonus plan, and free coffee, drinks, and snacks.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Any unsolicited resume sent to Kitware, including to Kitware's mailing addresses, fax machines or email addresses, whether directly to Kitware employees or to Kitware's applicant tracking system, will be considered Kitware property. Kitware will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, and will consider any candidate submitted by a recruitment agency without a fully executed contract with Kitware to have been referred free of any charges or fees.
If you need assistance with applying or interviewing for a role due to a disability or special need, please reach out directly to our HR team at [email protected]
at any time during the hiring process.