About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Fluence is looking for a Senior Electrical Systems Engineer with experience designing, commissioning, and operating utility-scale solar and storage power plants. The role will be responsible for bridging both, product and field teams in supporting project commissioning, collecting and organizing feedback and driving product improvement implementation for solar and storage platforms.
- This role will be directly involved in the Sustaining engineering team in charge of the Support, Modification(customization) & Upgrade activities.
- Actively participate in sales meetings, being able to connect customer needs with our products’ available options and features.
- Translate custom project requirements into system requirements (and respective sub-system/component derivative requirement) within our system of record, PLM, and issue bill of materials to supply chain while meeting requirements for environmental conditions, maintainability, reliability, long lifetime, and cost.
- Create and/or facilitate project specific commissioning documentation.
- Update existing technical specifications for equipment procurement and/or technical annexes to contract documents.
- Execute the analysis, or evaluation of assigned issues using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Perform Issue Root Cause Analysis and support change management based on specified system performance and feedback from project commissioning and services teams.
- Provide technical consultation to other departments and colleagues.
- Contribute to hands-on testing of functionality and interoperation of solar + storage system components (inverters, DC/DC converters, controls, battery systems and balance of plant hardware) and integrated commercial systems.
- Collaborate with Product engineering team and subsystem suppliers on modifications or improvements to their products to ensure optimal integration with Fluence system design.
- Develop and track technical application notes and design guidance when system changes occur
- The preferred candidate will have a background in electrical engineering, power systems, or controls systems and product development in the power conversion and/or renewables space, a minimum of an undergraduate degree and 4-10 years of work experience. Salary is commensurate with experience. Experience with solar and/or energy storage is strongly preferred.
- Electrical engineering, controls engineering, and/or product development experience with energy storage, PV systems, microgrids, or other integrated DC/AC electrical systems
- Familiarity with DC/AC and DC/DC converter operation; some experience designing, or modeling power conversion devices is a plus.
- Knowledge of utility grid interconnection standards, such as UL/IEEE standards, USA local grid codes, or European grid codes would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with NEC , NESC and IEC design and construction practices
- Experience with NFPA 70E training and recommended practices
- Experience coordinating multi-disciplinary teams of various internal and external stakeholders.
- Has excellent English verbal and writing skills, additional languages or international work experience is a plus.
- Willing and able to travel, domestically and internationally, approximately 50% of the time.
- Familiarity with utility scale systems design, control, and monitoring
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and Ethernet network architecture/engineering
- Hands on experience designing and drafting plant level engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of or history working with major component suppliers in the solar or battery storage industry, such as inverters, PV panels, or lithium-ion battery modules
- Experience qualifying products to product standards with NRTLs (i.e. UL, Intertek, CSA)
- Familiarity with Agile process
- Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative decision-making tools.
- Prior knowledge/experience with Fluence product offerings
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.