In 2011, March Andreessen famously said, “Software is eating the world.” 10+ years later, software hasn’t just nibbled, it has indulged in a lavish ten-course feast at a Michelin star restaurant. From Slack to Zoom to Figma, software is embedded in every company’s DNA. And while most just get to enjoy the benefits, there is one unsung hero behind it all: 🦸♀️ IT 🦸♀️
While being flooded with never ending IT tickets, they are also making sure Guy Fieri in Sales doesn’t buy yet another tool “promising” a 103% lead conversion rate. And burying themselves in spreadsheets to prepare the SOC2 report for when Gordon Ramsey from the Big 4 comes knocking. And can’t forget about Julia Child, the newest on-call engineer, who needs access to prod DB to investigate an incident. All of these workstreams are among spreadsheets, emails, Slack messages, and Zoom calls. But those days are numbered.
✨ Let there be Lumos ✨
Lumos is building the first AppHQ for companies. In essence, we are creating the meta app, the source-of-truth for companies to manage all their apps.
- 🚀 Rocketship Growth: In less than two years, our team has grown from 20 to ~80 brilliant minds across Canada, the United States and South America. Our customer base has more than 10x’d with some pretty incredible names like SiriusXM, GitHub, and Intercom.
- 📈 Backed by Industry Leaders: Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) has backed us since the beginning. We have a team of trusted advisors including Joel De La Garza (partner at a16z and previous Chief Security Officer at Box) and Leland Maschmeyer (the design thinker behind Spotify and Microsoft)
⭐ Grow with us: You have the chance to be one of the first 100 people at Lumos. At Lumos, you will build your function from the ground up, get exposure to different aspects of the business developing a diverse skill set, and most importantly, you’ll have the opportunity to pave your own path.
We are rewriting the IT playbook, one that better reflects our software eaten world.
As a Foundations engineer, you will build mission-critical infrastructure to support the production systems. You will ensure the scalability and reliability of our production infrastructure. You will also create tools and frameworks for our CI/CD systems that enable entire engineering to ship production-quality code with high velocity.
✨ Your Responsibilities
- Solve challenges in scaling infrastructure for a fast growing engineering team/ Design reliable and scalable infrastructure to allow product engineering to deploy services with ease. Includes cloud (AWS services) and IAC framework (Terraform)
- Contribute to the technical direction of Foundations vision by outlining initiatives, creating and reviewing technical design docs
- Set the standard by incorporating best practices and guidelines for building tools and infrastructure
- Work closely with product engineering to identify and remove bottlenecks/pain points in our CI/CD systems (Harness/CircleCI) which slow down our releases. Create tools and environments to provide an A+ developer experience for engineering
⚒️ Skillsets (not a requirement but highly desirable)
- Familiarity with AWS services such as ECS, EC2 and EKS
- Familiarity with Python as a scripting language
- Experience with developing or using CI/CD systems such as CircleCI, Harness, Jenkins, etc.
- Familiarity with IAC framework such as Terraform
$150,000 - $210,000. Note that this range is a good faith estimate of likely pay for this role; upon hire, the pay may differ due to skill and/or level of experience.
🙌 What We Value
We purposefully did not create a standard list of minimum qualifications because we care much more about your motivation, excitement, and potential to grow into the role than about your CV.
Instead of focusing on what people need to have, we focus on what people need to do. Additionally, we try to find out whether you would be a good fit for Lumos based on our values that define how we achieve outcomes and what characteristics we value.
*We encourage you to apply even if you think you might not be perfect fit! 🤝
Thank you for considering Lumos! 🎉
💸 Benefits and Perks:
- 💯 Remote work culture (+/-4 hours Pacific Time)
- ⛑ Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage covered by Lumos
- 🛩 Company and team bonding trips throughout the year fully covered by Lumos
- 💻 Optimal WFH setup to set you up for success
- 🌴 Unlimited PTO, with minimum time off to make sure you are rested and able to be at your best
- 👶🏽 Up to (4) months off for both the Birthing & Non-birthing parent
- 💰 Wellness stipend to keep you awesome and healthy
- 🏦 401k contribution plan