We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
The Tripadvisor Data Science Team is looking for an exceptional experienced Senior Machine Learning Engineer who specialises in NLP to help lead the design and building next generation systems that model how travelers interact with the various products on the site. Such a model will allow a significant improvement in our ability to offer to travelers the broadest, most relevant travel products (e.g., tell me the most family-friendly summertime activities in Paris). This individual will also have the opportunity to lead other projects on the team, including those related to text and image processing.
Tripadvisor is the web's leading travel information site. At Tripadvisor, the Data Science and ML Team creates systems that influence the travel decisions of millions of people per day. It applies cutting edge machine learning techniques to a wide variety of areas, including recommenders, vision, text processing, and natural language processing. To ensure continued success, Tripadvisor promotes a culture of personal development, including social activities, journal clubs, memberships in online learning resources, and participation in industry conferences. Have a great time while shaping the future of travel!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Seek out new opportunities to apply data science and machine learning to the business (e.g., mainly NLP but also some work with personalized recommendations, performance marketing, customer modeling) across all channels (e.g., Web, email, paid marketing)
- Has experience working with other teams in solving problems and identifying opportunities
- Lead the design of machine learning models to solve a variety of core business problems in customer acquisition, retention, and reactivation
- Automate ETL pipelines
- Prototype, evaluate, deploy and maintain new models in production
- Design AB tests and analyze their results
- Discover new ways to analyze and interpret the data
- Communicate progress and interpretation of experimental results to technical and business stakeholders
- Lead the determination of next steps for each project.
What You Are Like:
- Team player
- Loves to learn
- Great communication skills with both technical and non-technical partners
- Gets things done on time and on specification
- Can work independently.
- PhD or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or related field preferred
- Experience with Natural Language Processing
- Strong background in machine learning and statistics
- Solid foundation on data structures and algorithms
- Strong software engineering skills
- Proficiency in Python for numerical/statistical programming (our group relies heavily on Numpy/Pandas/Scikit-learn)
- Ability to write complex SQL queries
- Experience with big data technologies, such as Hive and Spark
- Knowledge of AB test design and analysis
- Track record of leading the deployment and maintenance of models
- 3 years of relevant, practical experience.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Deep learning
- Experience with online businesses.
What you’ll get
Highly competitive salary along with the following
- Annual performance related bonus
- Generous stock (RSU) award upon joining, with additional awards annually
- Regular salary reviews and excellent career growth opportunities
- Very flexible working hours
- Summer flexible work schedule
- Daily meal allowance
- Full family private healthcare and dental
- Excellent contributory pension
- Critical illness and full life cover
- Standard 28 days paid holiday (not including bank holidays), increasing with tenure
- £1,050 annual stipend for costs outside the office such as gym membership or home office set up
- “Summer Fridays” scheme allowing extra days off during the summer.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at [email protected].