Anduril is a defence technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defence sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis to create software and hardware solutions that radically evolve the defence capabilities of the United States, and are now seeking to replicate our successes internationally with a team based in Australia. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, we want you to join Anduril and help us build the future of defence capability.
At Anduril Australia we are developing unmanned systems for subsurface and other domains that will leverage unsupervised autonomy for the delivery of long endurance, multi-mission capability to our customers. These projects, including but not limited to the Extra Large Autonomous Undersea Vehicle (XL-AUV) Program, require a Senior Machine Learning Engineer with deep experience developing, testing, validating and deploying machine-learning based sensor processing and the technical toolchains they rely on. The Senior Machine Learning Engineer strives to leverage their experience to rapidly architect, design, deliver, support, and evolve next generation autonomous vehicles through the entire product life-cycle.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead the design, development, integration and support of machine learning based sensor processing capabilities for a variety of autonomous systems across multiple sensor modalities
- Develop software to manage and automate the machine learning lifecycle, including data management, pipelining, labeling and training
- Manage model selection, training, validation, evaluation, deployment and regression testing
- Manage training data sourcing and integration
- Work as a member of a multi-disciplinary software team, including as a mentor for Software Engineers from differing backgrounds
- Bachelor’s degree in Robotics, Mechatronics, Computer Science, Engineering, a relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in a senior role with the delivery of a production grade software system with a mature machine learning component
- Experience with the design, implementation and maintenance of ML Operations, including data acquisition, labeling, curation and pipeline management.
- Experience with the delivery of computer vision capabilities
- Capacity to work holistically on machine learning enabled capabilities up and down the software stack and through lifecycle through design, implementation, operation and sustainment
- Capacity learn and grow individually, while mentoring junior team members effectively, building team cohesion and capacity
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security Clearance
- Experience with the delivery of capability with a public sector customer
- Experience with workflow management tools such as flyte, airflow, and kubeflow
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch
- Experience with edge ML applications
- Experience with inference engines such as TensorRT
- Experience writing C++, Go, Python or Rust
- Desire to grow in to a Tech-Lead-Manager role, with responsibility for line management of engineers, in addition to delivery
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!