We’re on a mission to make app building so easy everyone can do it – regardless of their background, tech knowledge or budget. We’ve already helped thousands of entrepreneurs, small businesses and even global brands, like the BBC, Makro and Pepsi achieve their software goals and we’ve only just started.
Builder.ai was voted as one of 2023’s ‘Most Innovative Companies in AI’ by Fast Company, and won Europas 2022 ‘Scaleup of the Year’. Our team has grown to over 800 people across the world and our recent announcement of $250m Series D funding (and partnership with Microsoft) means there’s never been a more exciting time to become a Builder.
Life at Builder.ai
At Builder.ai we encourage you to experiment! Each role at Builder has unlimited opportunities to learn, progress and challenge the status quo. We want you to help us become even better at supporting our customers and take AI app building to new heights.
Our global team is diverse, collaborative and exceptionally talented. We hire people for their differences but all unite with our shared belief in Builder’s HEARTT values: (Heart, Entrepreneurship, Accountability, Respect, Trust and Transparency) and a let’s-get-stuff-done attitude.
In return for your skills and commitment, we offer range of great perks, from hybrid working and a variable annual bonus, to employee stock options, generous paid leave, and trips abroad #WhatWillYouBuild
Why we need this role
The Growth team plays a critical role in achieving Builder’s ambitious growth targets. We are looking for a Director of Organic Growth to join this team and build out our organic growth capabilities. Reporting to the VP of Growth, you will be responsible for growing organic traffic, engagement, and conversion, partnering closely with cross-functional teams such as Performance (Paid) Marketing, Conversion Engine, Product, Web Engineering, Content, Product Marketing, Brand, Analytics and Finance. If you are someone who thrives at the intersection of growth marketing, data/analytics and product you will love this role.
What will you be doing?
- Develop and implement SEO and organic growth hacking strategies globally, to drive exponential growth for our products and services
- Own the KPIs for organic leads and revenue, working closely with key stakeholders to clear organic growth blockers
- Identify growth opportunities and innovative SEO tactics by exploring cutting-edge strategies and techniques to boost our search engine rankings.
- Build a world-class team of SEO professionals and Organic Growth hackers who can think outside the box and drive impactful results
- Manage and mentor inhouse team, providing guidance, support, and performance evaluations to create an A-player growth oriented environment.
- Proactively stay ahead of the curve by being an early adopter of the latest SEO trends, algorithm updates, and industry best practices, ensuring our strategies remain cutting-edge and competitive.
- Be an advocate for organic growth and adopt new SEO technologies and trends, and implement innovative solutions like semantic SEO, link buildings, and AI solutions
- Collaborate with internal teams, including product, engineering, marketing, analytics and finance, to ensure alignment between organic growth efforts and overall business objectives
- Establish the framework of how the Organic Growth & SEO programs directly contribute to the core business, including reporting on overall performance and drawing actionable insights to further improve growth
- Conduct analysis on the impact of organic growth activities including website traffic and engagement, demand generated from organic sources, ROI and conversion metrics to optimise all organic growth activities
- Drive customer acquisition growth through existing customer base via referrals and Word of Mouth strategies
- Expand organic growth through multi-format (text, videos, reels, etc) and multi-channel (Search, YouTube, Social channels, etc) approach
- 8+ years organic growth experience in a fast growing B2B technology company, with a proven track record of driving continuous growth from organic and SEO activities
- B.A in Marketing, Engineering, Finance or a relevant quantitative field preferred.
- 5+ years of team leadership experience, including building a team of organic growth and SEO professionals in a hyper growth environment
- Experience with building an organic growth engine including experiments, tracking, automation, and optimisation
- Expert knowledge of SEO best practices and techniques, and search technology
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, able to to make data-driven decisions and test and learn quickly
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and external partners in an international environment
- A deep understanding of both the content strategy side of organic search and the technical optimization side, being well-versed in scaling and setting up both for growth
- Knowledge of multi-format content distribution to drive organic traffic growth
- International SEO experience - working on the global domain(s) with multiple websites for different regions/languages that receive traffic from multiple search engines.
- Knowledge of off-page and on-page optimization techniques, outreach, and backlinking recommendations to grow organic search traffic and conversions
- Understanding of non-paid acquisition strategies such as referrals, word of mouth, etc
- Expert level knowledge of Google Analytics (GA4) and Looker Studio, and experience / familiarity with other content marketing and SEO tools (e.g. SEMRush, Ahrefs, Conductor, Screaming Frog, etc.)
- Attractive quarterly OKR bonus plan or commission scheme dependant on your role
- Stock options in a $450 million funded Series D scale-up company
- Hybrid working
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 2 x Builder family days each year
- Time off between Christmas and New Year
- Generous Referral Bonus scheme
- Pension contributions
- Private Medical Insurance provided by AXA
- Private Dental Insurance provided by Bupa
- Access to our Perkbox