Our computer vision team is a leader in the creation of cutting-edge algorithms and software for automated image and video analysis. Our solutions embrace deep learning and add measurable value to government agencies, commercial organizations, and academic institutions worldwide. We understand the difficulties in extracting, interpreting, and utilizing information across images, video, metadata, and text, and we recognize the need for robust, affordable solutions. We seek to advance the fields of computer vision and deep learning through research and development and through collaborative projects that build on our open source software platforms, such as VIAME
About the Projects:
Kitware’s employees have unique opportunities to interact and collaborate directly with customers, visit interesting customer sites, and participate in live field tests and demonstrations. Much of Kitware’s work involves applying state-of-the-art artificial intelligence approaches to dynamic, real-world problems. In this case, you will have the opportunity to contribute your skills to projects focused on national security, making a difference on a daily basis to protect our country. Research and Development Engineers at Kitware also enjoy benefits commonly associated with a position in academia, such as support and encouragement for the publication of novel work.
We partner with premier government R&D agencies such as DARPA, IARPA, AFRL, NVESD, NOAA, ONR, other branches of the US military, and multiple members of the Intelligence Community on a range of efforts including prime contracts, SBIRs, and STTRs. In addition, we provide commercial services to companies ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies. Kitware employs an open source business model to foster extended, collaborative communities, and to provide flexible, high-quality technical solutions. If you’ve used CMake, ITK, or VTK, you know our work and the impact it has on the communities we help build.
In This Position You Will:
- Validate, optimize, and deploy advanced exploitation algorithms
- Contribute your strong programming ability and experience to develop robust solutions for real-world problems
- Collaborate with researchers on projects related to machine learning, artificial intelligence, and computer vision
- Perform rapid prototyping and enhanced development to be integrated into operational systems
- Perform troubleshooting, bug fixes, and maintenance of existing and new code to ensure stability and robustness
- Willingness and ability to apply for and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance to perform the work full-time on-site
- Consent to a CI polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, systems engineering, physics, mathematics, or a related field and 5+ years of software development experience
- Skills in C++, including developing, debugging, and deploying operational systems
- Familiarity with build environments on Windows and Linux systems
- Expertise using Git for branchy revision control
- Experience using Github or Gitlab for code reviews, documentation, and release management
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Required skills can be gained concurrent with education, and skills will be measured through passage of a technical screen
- Due to contractual requirements, this position requires US Citizenship
- This position requires full-time on-site work at Kitware's office in Clifton Park, NY, or Arlington, VA office
- A current, active Top Secret (TS) clearance OR have held a TS clearance within the last 24 months
- Verification that your current security clearance or Government customer access meets the requirements for this position
- Consent to a CI polygraph
- Experience with the certification & accreditation process for cleared software
- Database experience, including PostgreSQL with GIS extensions, and/or MongoExperience with DevOps tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Packer, and familiarity with Infrastructure as Code practices
- Experience developing and/or using machine learning, artificial intelligence, and computer vision algorithms
- Experience with parallel programming
- Experience with distributed processing, task queues, and workflow management tools
- Experience working on distributed teams
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, and BitbucketInterest and experience in open source software development
- Skills in Python
- Excellent customer service focus and communication skills, both oral and written; ability to effectively communicate with multiple individuals in varying levels of the organization
Kitware is a research and development software solutions provider with a mission to advance science, make a positive impact, and share our results all within a collaborative, employee-focused work environment that is friendly, fair, and flexible. Our work is improving healthcare outcomes, increasing national security, and advancing our national computing infrastructure. Our customers and collaborators include top universities from around the world, government organizations, national research labs, medical device manufacturers, car manufacturers, financial institutions, and many others.
Kitware is proud to be 100% employee-owned, and Great Place to Work-Certified™.
Our team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a competitive compensation plan, tuition reimbursement program, flexible working hours, six weeks paid time off, 401(k), health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, bonus plan, and free coffee, drinks, and snacks.
Kitware actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, protected veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
To be in compliance with the requirements for federal government contractors, all Kitware new hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. Kitware will consider exceptions for religious and medical reasons, where appropriate. “Fully vaccinated” means you must have both doses of a 2-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the second dose, or have received 1 dose of a 1-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the dose. Proof of your vaccination status in the form of a copy of a CDC vaccine card, or notice of approval of a religious or medical exemption by Kitware human resources, must be submitted prior to your start date.
Any unsolicited resume sent to Kitware, including to Kitware's mailing addresses, fax machines or email addresses, whether directly to Kitware employees or to Kitware's applicant tracking system, will be considered Kitware property. Kitware will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume, and will consider any candidate submitted by a recruitment agency without a fully executed contract with Kitware to have been referred free of any charges or fees.
If you need assistance with applying or interviewing for a role due to a disability or special need, please reach out directly to our HR team at [email protected]
at any time during the hiring process.