Trust Automation has over 30 years of experience in standard and custom products. Our
standard products include brushless permanent magnet motors, linear drives, digital
drives, RF based counter drone technologies. Our custom products include, high
performance electric motors, high density digital drives, and electromechanical
assemblies. We design, sustain, and manufacture products for 100’s of customers in the
demanding Defense, OEM Semiconductor Capital Equipment, and Industrial Automation
Trust Automation is an equal opportunity employer and committed to attracting, hiring,
developing, and retaining a skilled, productive, and diverse workforce, personnel with
competencies and experience related to the regional and State population. Every employee
has an “at-will” relationship with Trust Automation. This means that employment with Trust
Automation is at the mutual consent of the employer and the employee and is subject to
termination by either party at will, with or without cause or advance notice.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is a senior executive tasked with overseeing the strategic
initiatives which drive our consistent growth, and the day-to-day administrative and operational
functions of the business. The COO will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and
is considered to be third in the chain of command behind the CEO and CFO.
The ÇOO focus is shared between Strategic and Tactical. Strategic initiatives forward look to
improve productivity, allow controlled safe business growth, and leverage over 30 years of
relationships in our industry. Tactical day to day business administration and operational
functions keep the Trust Automation Operations Team on track and working effectively together.
There is some level of Trust Automation’s internal affairs which will fall to the COO, while these
internal affairs are shared amongst the CEO, CFO, and COO, any one of the three needs to be
prepared to lead for a specific project.
The COO will architect operations strategies, communicate policies to employees, and
help Human Resources build out the core teams. The COO will help lead change along with
appropriate department partners including the spearheading of new initiatives. The COO will
also serve as a mentor to subordinate and/or newer organization team members.
Strategic Duties and Responsibilities
• Demonstrate a passion and commitment for the Mission and Core Values of Trust
• Work with CEO and CFO on strategies for safe growth, business expansion approaches,
balanced division of resources both locally and at other facilities in the US.
• Draw upon their past experience and resources to propose improvements to our facilities
productivity while minimizing impact to culture.
• Draw upon their experience to work with the CFO and VP of Human Resources on
employee growth, retention, career paths.
• Work collaboratively with Leadership on best near term and long term approach to volume
product sales in our Industrial and Industrial Automation markets
• Work with Materials Leadership, Finance Leadership, and Manufacturing Leadership on
how to improve supply chain constraints and interruptions.
• Responsible with CEO for acquisition functions: targeting, analysis/modeling, negotiating,
legal review, acquisition financing, liability review, integration planning and integration after
Tactical Duties and Responsibilities
• Demonstrate a passion and commitment for the Mission and Core Values of Trust
• Allocate the resources department managers need, such as funds, labor, and equipment,
to ensure they meet their goals.
• Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
• Responsible for end-to-end supply chain operations.
• Provide guidance and expertise in the establishment of new operating procedures and
instructions as they relate to system operations and the technical support needed to comply
with governmental and contractual requirements.
• Create solutions to production problems to increase efficiency in established markets.
• Provide guidance on cost savings to increase operating margins through detail analysis of
materials handling, and production processes.
• Responsible for ensuring effective quality improvement and performance management.
• Promote and support the attitudes, behaviors, knowledge, and skills necessary to work
respectfully and effectively with each other as well as demonstrate the ability to address the
needs of the clients and customers Trust Automation serves.
• Follow Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA) regulations pertaining to safety
and the use of equipment/machinery.
• Ensures Trust Automation provides the highest level of services to clients.
• Keep abreast of external developments affecting Trust Automation’s operations and
services and collaborate with the CEO and CFO in developing strategies and plans in
• Oversee Trust Automation’s Performance and Quality Improvement Plan across all
departments ensuring they are in alignment with county, state, federal
regulations/guidelines; ensure policies and procedures are relevant.
• Assure manufacturing and supply chain compliance with all applicable laws, regulations,
and professional standards.
• Initiates and manages effective reporting processes to continuously monitor, adjust and
achieve progress against goals.
• Assures adequate staffing and reviews organizational structure to ensure continued
• Responsible for the hiring, evaluation, and discipline of all direct reports. Consults with
CEO and Human Resources in arriving at decisions on hiring and termination.
• Manage the development of a data/performance management department and establish
short and long-term goals to ensure the company is consistently addressing strengths and
• Collaborate with the Chief Financial Officer on formulation of annual company financial
goals and objectives.
• Guide the company’s efforts to ensure proper technology infrastructure and systems to
collect, analyze and report key program and operational data.
• Assist the CEO in the daily operation and administration of Trust Automation and oversee
organizational operations when the CEO is absent.
• Maintain confidentiality as required by Trust Automation’s contracts, HIPAA, and other
• Responsible for the functional areas of: Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Materials,
Purchasing, and Quality.
• Responsible for maintaining a high-performance level for the entire production operation as
measured by on-time delivery, returns, scrap, defects, product development achievements,
Facilities upgrades/additions, effective material and production management, effective
acquisition integration, safe production of product, maintaining/achieving good standing
with various regulatory agencies.
• Responsible to travel to scheduled customers, offsite meetings, trade shows, business
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• A strong leader who can collaborate effectively with senior management colleagues and
develop excellent professional relationships.
• Must be able to build relationships with subordinates, peers, suppliers, and customers.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in staff supervision of multiple layers is required, to
include hiring, performance management and daily supervision.
• 10 years of progressive management experience in a regulated manufacturing environment
• Substantial experience in translating proven development theories, principles, and concepts
into programmatic objectives by strategic planning methods.
• Proven ability to effectively lead, manage, train, and motivate assigned staff.
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial
reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies,
or members of the business community.
• Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
• Must be proficient in use of computer software including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office
applications and other similar programs.
• Must be able to work towards direction set by the CEO and CFO and be able to make
decisions towards those goals without close daily guidance.
• Excellent communication, analytical ability, and time management skills
• Must have good working knowledge of company finance.
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university required.
Master’s degree in business administration preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person, on the telephone or virtually.
• Dexterity of hands, fingers, and wrist to operate a computer keyboard, calculator, or
assemble/manufacture intricate items.
• Seeing to read a variety of materials.
• Sitting or standing for extended period
• Physical agility to lift 20 pounds to shoulder height.
• Physical agility to lift, carry, push, or pull objects.
Pay scale for this position - $215,888.00 to $270,000.00 annually
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the information provided within. You certify that the information contained in this application is correct to the best of your knowledge. You understand that to falsify information is grounds for refusing to hire, or for discharge should you be hired.
Enter your email address below to get notified whenever we find a similar job post.
Unsubscribe at any time.