Geomagical Labs is a 3D R&D lab, fusing computer vision, deep neural networks, graphics, and computational photography into magical experiences for hundreds of millions of users, in partnership with IKEA.
We have an opening in our lab for a computer vision researcher scientist, with strong 3D reconstruction skills, to advance the state of the art of our scene perception algorithms. This could be a dream job for highly-motivated, creative, applied researchers with entrepreneurial drive.
- Ph.D. or Master's degree focused on 3D computer vision.
- Expertise developing 3D photogrammetry algorithms (SFM, SLAM, MVS).
- Experience building RGBD algorithms (RGBD fusion, ICP, volumetric fusion, etc.).
- Familiar with the literature on neural net reconstruction (monocular & multiview).
- Highly productive C++ and Python engineer - open source contribution a big bonus.
- Strong applied math skills in optimization, linear algebra, 3D perspective geometry.
- Strategic thinker: excellent scientific method & sees the big picture.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Must be adventurous, ambitious and excited about R&D innovation.
- Join a mission-driven R&D lab, strategically backed by an influential global brand.
- Work in a dynamic team of computer vision, AI, computational photography, AR, graphics, and design professionals, and successful serial entrepreneurs.
- Opportunity to publish novel and relevant research.
- Excellent health & retirement benefits.
- Fully remote work available to people living in the USA or Canada.
- Headquartered in Mountain View, California, in the heart of the Castro Street downtown
an easy walk from restaurants, coffee shops, the Stevens Creek Trail, and Caltrain commuter rail.
- The USA base salary for this full-time position ranges from $150,000 to $340,000 determined by location, role, skill, and experience level.
- Geomagical Labs offers a comprehensive set of benefits, and for qualifying roles, substantial incentive grants, vesting annually.