Our mission is simple: we want to set people free to do meaningful work. People love our software—and it turns out that people love working here too. We've been recognized as a "Best Company to Work For” and we're proud of our team for creating software that makes an impact in the lives of HR pros and employees all over the world.
Our AI team is expanding. We believe data and algorithms can be a bionic arm to do heavy lifting and interact more naturally. Through our mission we have the opportunity to help millions of users in growing businesses achieve more with their teams by providing timely insights and intelligent interactions.
What You'll Do
Our ideal AI / ML Engineering Senior Manager will be an integral contributor to growing AI capabilities in our product and platform. You'll be working on multiple projects to continue making us the #1 HR Software for SMB customers. If you thrive on powering world-class software with intelligent algorithms, you will love BambooHR.
In this role, you will:
- Manage data scientists, machine learning engineers, and software engineers building AI-powered applications and key platform components
- Demonstrate leadership and patience through regular coaching and mentoring in individual and team settings
- Provide technical guidance and foster a culture of continuous learning and innovation
- Consult with product management, UX designers, tech leads and business stakeholders to explore and deliver AI-enabled software solutions and platform capabilities
- Oversee the development and deployment of machine learning models, algorithms, and intelligent services to extract insights and create value for customers and the business
- Ensure the quality, accuracy, and reliability of data science and AI applications through rigorous testing, validation, and monitoring
- Collaborate with IT teams to ensure availability, scalability, and security
- Manage and maintain your team’s execution roadmap, including grooming a pipeline and delivery expectations
- Show and maintain accountability in team and individual performance (yours and others) in research and development efforts, project delivery goals, and OKRs
- Participate in department hiring efforts
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of our systems and processes
- Stay up-to-date with relevant advancements and evaluate their potential application
- Be a strong culture addition and advocate for our company values
- Come to work, do great things, then go home!
What You Need to Get the Job Done (Minimum Qualifications)
- 12+ years of experience deriving insights from data and building computational software (data science, machine learning, AI, and implementing data-centric software and systems)
- 5+ years of real-world, demonstrable technical leadership
- Strong technical foundations in wielding data (data querying / transformation / visualization, machine learning, deep learning, stats, math, NLP, generative AI and LLMs)
- Demonstrated architecture experience
- Proficiency in git-based workflows with AI and machine learning tools
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, distilling complex technical concepts and insights
- Leadership and project management skills to prioritize tasks, manage resources, and meet deadlines
What Will Make Us REALLY Love you (Preferred Qualifications)
- Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics
- Demonstrated experience delivering machine learning projects, and scaling data solutions and intelligent applications
- Development expertise in languages and tools such as Python, Clojure, SQL, LLMs, Spark, and data science libraries and frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn)
- Solid understanding of data engineering principles, data management, and data governance
- Skill with analytical data stores such as Snowflake, Databricks, and in-house application data
- Experience deploying and maintaining production AI applications in cloud environments, ideally in support of continuously deployed SaaS applications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, or a related field. PhD is a plus.
- In harmony with team core hours: 9AM-5PM MST, Monday-Friday
- Remote, Hybrid, or In-office. Collaborators in various locations with core in Utah
What You'll Love About Us
Great Company Culture. We’ve been recognized by multiple organizations like Inc, Salt Lake Tribune, Glassdoor, & Comparably for our great workplace culture
Make an Impact. We care about your individuality by giving you freedom to grow and create within the company, regardless of your position
Rest and Relaxation. 4 weeks paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and we pay you to go on vacation (ask us about this)!
Health Benefits. Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision
Prepare for the Future. 401(k) with a generous company match, access to a personal financial planner, and both legal and life insurance
Financial Peace University. We pay for a one year subscription and you walk away with financial savvy and a bonus
Give back. Get paid to give your time to the community: ask us about this!
Educational Benefits. Whether you are a previous student, or currently enrolled in higher education, we can help cover some of those expenses
Flexible Work Models. In-office, work-from-home, or hybrid, depending on position and location
BambooHR is An Equal Opportunity Employer--M/F/D/V
Because our team members are trusted to handle sensitive information, we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.